Saphir Medaille D'Or Mirror Gloss 75ml Black, Neutral, Dark Brown and Burgundy
Non-Domestic Product: No
Custom Bundle: No
Modified Item: No
Country/Region of Manufacture: France
Saphir Mirror Gloss is specifically formulated to produce high-gloss mirror finishes
Formulated with hard waxes, including montan, carnuba and beeswax.
For best results, firstly prepare the leather using Saphir Pommadier Shoe Cream and/or Saphir Pate de Luxe Wax Polish.
Use only on hard shoe surfaces that do not flex in order to prevent cracking.
75ml. Made in France
Available in Black, Neutral, Dark Brown and Burgundy
Mirror Gloss polish produces quick results that give your shoes a high gloss glaze.
Best applied using a cotton cloth.
Polishing notes: the Saphir Mirror Gloss wax has a much dryer consistency than the standard Saphir Pate de Luxe wax polish because of the higher concentration of hard waxes. It applies very dry and requires water to help lubricate this process. Less is more. The best results are achieved through multiple, tiny layers of wax polish that fill up the open pours of smooth leather to create a smooth, glossy surface that reflects light.
Mirror Gloss is a specially formulated wax polish for use when a glossy, high-shine finish is required. Composed of naturally glossy beeswax, carnauba and Montan waxes.
- Use Mirror Gloss on clean shoes (see below for advice regarding shoe cleaning).
- Apply Mirror Gloss to shoes with a cotton cloth tightened around your second and third fingers. Rub in a circular motion using light pressure. Water can assist with the application. We recommend the Saphir water dispenser to ensure only a small amount is applied to your cloth.
- Gently buff the leather in a circular motion with a clean part of the cloth to remove any fogging or cloudy residue.
- Repeat the above process to enhance the shine. Allow the wax to dry between coats to ensure optimal layering the glossy waxes.
- Use the Saphir Médaille d’Or Polishing Glove for a final polish.
Mirror Gloss is a finishing product intended to obtain high shine to shoes, rather than a cleaning product.
If your shoes are dirty or clogged with wax, silicone, or resin deposits, the leather must be cleaned before applying Mirror Gloss. We recommend Saphir Beauté du Cuir Reno’Mat Leather Cleaner. Test on an inconspicuous area before applying to the entire shoe.
If your shoes are regularly cleaned, we recommend using Leather Lotion or Renovateur Cleaner and Conditioner which will moisturise and gently clean the leather pores without degrading the patina.
Before using Mirror Gloss, we advise waxing your shoes by alternating their care with Crème 1925 to nourish and moisturise the leather, and Pâte de Luxe to produce a deeper shine. These products are ideal for professional shoe shiners.
We also recommend applying these products with the Pommadier Brush. Its design facilitates an easy and thorough application of wax to the targeted areas.